Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Beginning

My blog title is "Round To Hourglass" and that is my physical goal in a nutshell. I am starting my journey to better health and fitness. I'm a 27 year old female and I have let college get in the way of health and I am working to find a better balance. I have a Y membership, keep a food journal, have a bicycle, and Netflix has lots of streaming workout videos so I can even work out at home if the gym is closed or weather is bad.

I'm not sure where I am exactly healthwise. Physically I fit in a size 12 pants and large tops. But I also have been recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and my weight just keeps going on up. I now weight 187 and I am not going to gain more weight! From here it it going to go down. Diabetes runs in my family and I am scared that I will become diabetic if I stay overweight. I'm not sure how overweight I am because BMI is not very accurate (according to it bodybuilders are clinically obese) and I don't have a good way to tell my body fat percentage. I am going to be tracking my weight and measurements once a week, on Saturday morning. 

My starting stats are:
Ankle - 9.5
Calf - 16
Thigh - 25.5
Hips - 44
Waist - 38
Bust - 44
Neck - 14.5
Bicep - 13
Wrist - 6.5
Weight - 187 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment