Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Primal!

I have been researching the Primal Blueprint  diet lately and I am going to give it a whirl. Reasons? 1) Reducing starchy carbs and dairy products from the diet has been shown to reduce acid reflux, which I have (and it sucks!). 2) I pretty much always crave sugary stuff and need to eat less of it. 3) I love fruits, veggies, and eggs, all of which I can eat lots of on this diet. 4) This plan claims to reduce hunger pangs and cravings.

I will be trying to follow this as closely as I can for the next 1-2 weeks and will note any changes in mood, attitude, energy, concentration, physical well-being, and of course any weight/inches lost. Basically I will be cutting out all sugars and grains. Potatoes are ok in moderation but not encouraged. Wild rice is ok, because it is not actually a grain. Fats and proteins are a heavy part of the diet. Fruit is fine in moderation and non-starchy veggies are unlimited. Dairy is fine but preferred to be fermented or whole fat if possible. No alcohol. Small amounts of dark chocolate are permitted.

I'm encouraged to get low-moderate intensity cardio 3 days, 2 days with heavy weight training/calisthenics, and to get daily play and sun in and to get plenty of rest. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment