Sunday, February 26, 2012

Goals

I've been going to personal training sessions 3 times a week for 5 weeks now. I am definitely stronger than I was. I can lift heavier weights and some of my clothing is fitting better, laying flatter across the back or looser at the waist.

I have a few goals to work on through March and April.

1. Every week, on Sunday morning, weigh myself and record it. Once a month, on a Sunday morning, take the following measurements. I can't know if I am doing the right thing for exercise and diet if I am not tracking measurements.

2. Start completing cardio each week. I have been slacking in this area. The initial goal is to complete 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. For better fat loss I intend on increasing to 5 days a week and to do higher intensity cardio workouts. Part of the issue is that I get bored with cardio machines, so I just don't do it. I do better when I remember some music or a book. I'm not swimming in the winter - my skin and hair get dry enough without adding chlorine. I still can't do high impact, but I can bike, walk, or use the elliptical. I'm planning on starting up using a heavy bag again for some of my cardio.

3. Keep better track of what I am eating. Reduce my stress eating - I need to stay away from Sonic, White Castle, and Rally's! For Lent, I gave up meat and poultry, so that will help me be more mindful of what I'm eating. Not eating burgers or chicken strips for 40 days can't hurt! I need more veggies. I have been trying to work them in, but honestly, who wants a salad when they are stressed? Not me!


Measurements:
Ankle 9
Calf 16
Thigh 25
Hips 44
Waist 38
Bust 44
Neck 14.5
Bicep 12.5
Wrist 6.5
Weight - 192 lbs


No comments:

Post a Comment